Boston Cape Cod And The Islands (Summer 2018)
You’re constantly reminded of the sea in this fish-hook shaped corner of New England. From “Ocean State” Rhode Island, steeped in sailing history, to the chic waterfront resorts of Martha’s Vineyard and summer playgrounds of the Cape.
Additional Included Highlights
- Boston: View the neighbourhoods of Back Bay and North End.
- Martha’s Vineyard: Visit Oak Bluffs with its ‘gingerbread cottages’ and tour the island.
- Cape Cod: Tour the Cape Cod National Seashore. Taste the goodness of Massachusetts’ number one agricultural commodity crop at a cranberry bog.
- Scenic Drives: Travel along Ocean Drive in Newport, Rhode Island. Enjoy the natural beauty of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
Authentic Regional Flavours
- Cape Cod: Meet a local farmer and taste the goodness of the all-American cranberry fruit at a working cranberry bog.
- North Falmouth: Join your Tour Director and celebrate the culmination of your tour with wine and classic New England cuisine.
- Included Quality Dining: 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 4 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Nantucket: Take an excursion to this idyllic island, characterised by cobblestone streets and lighthouses.
- New Bedford: With a Local Expert, journey back to the great age of Moby Dick and castaway crews from around the globe, at the engaging New Bedford Whaling Museum.
Top Rated Highlights
- Boston: See Boston’s red-brick Freedom Trail come to life as your Tour Director leads you through this historic walking tour.
- Newport: Step aboard an 80-foot schooner for a scenic cruise around the Newport coastline.
- Sandwich: There’s something for everyone at the Heritage Museums and Gardens – a fascinating complex of Americana museums, located within a 100-acre garden setting.
Additional star services
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish – a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from and to Boston Logan International Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.